As reported in the RTD in "VCU projects get green light", everything is moving forward with the second phase of the Monroe Campus. This is the big construction project that is 11 acres east of Belvidere Street, which will:
- move the award-winning VCU Adcenter
- construct new 440-bed residential complex
- construct new 685-space parking deck
- construct new medical science building
- construct new research building
I know there are some that shudder at the thought of VCU "steam-rolling" into all of these areas that they have been working on over the past several years. It’s exciting, though. A lot of these areas are underdeveloped or abandoned, and VCU’s presence is revitalizing these areas that have been more or less left-for-dead. Kudos to Trani and the VCU board!